This role works closely with our Account Managers, serving as technical lead for a given group of clients. Our Field Engineers deliver both phone and on-site support for our Managed Services clients.
Job Duties include: Provide outstanding customer service to client executives and end users, whether remotely or in-person. The Field Engineer resolves technical issues, helps non-tech people understand various issues, manages client documentation, and coordinates with our project team. This is not an entry level position.
Apply Via LinkedIn
- Minimum of 8 years of IT industry experience, preferably as internal IT for a small company
- Minimum of 3 years tenure with same employer
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (both written and verbal), active listening, and critical thinking skills
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills and ability to research/escalate as required
- Advance understanding of Active Directory, Group Policy, Office 365 and server backup solutions.
- Solid understanding of various networking technologies including firewalls, switches, VLANs, and multi-factor authentication
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Ability to work independently without direct manager oversight
- Clean driving record, reliable transportation and willing to travel to client sites
- Ability to communicate well with non-technical business owners
Compensation & Benefits: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. We provide paid time off, health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance. All benefits and 401k plan participation eligibility within one month of hire. Training and mentoring provided, with support to gain industry certifications.
Location: Elkridge, MD. Candidates in close proximity to our office are strongly preferred.
If you think you fit our culture and position requires, we’d love to hear from you! Please apply today. Thank you for your interest in Howard Tech Advisors!