Network and Security
The information you access and share is at the core of what you do, your network and security systems are the key elements that make your job possible and keep your data safe. Your network should be engineered to meet your needs for accessibility and security with the best tools available at the lowest price possible.
At Howard Tech, we strive to gain a greater understanding of our clients’ operations and goals. We use this understanding to design network and security systems that meet your demands, deliver performance, and save you money in the long run. We offer network security services to Howard County, Baltimore, Columbia, Ellicott City, Jessup, Hanover, Linthicum, Annapolis, Laurel, Elkridge and Fulton.
Our fundamental principles of networking and security are:
- Get it right from the start. Shortcuts today can prove costly in the long run. Systems must be locked down and integrated properly for improved security.
- Make it fast. The performance of your network can create a competitive advantage for your company, and make your employees more efficient.
- Plan for growth. By anticipating your future needs and planning for scalability, your network can be expanded easily and more affordably as you grow.
- Use the best tools at the lowest price. We are vendor-neutral, so you can rely on our unbiased recommendations. We typically recommend Dell switching and SonicWALL solutions, and our engineers are certified in both.
- Finding the sweet spot. There is a delicate balance between security and convenience. We will work with you to determine that line to implement policies and practices that your business requires, without minimizing the productivity of your employees.
The Importance of Network Security
Protecting your network and your information is essential, no matter what industry you’re in. A breach in security can severely impact your business, bringing your systems down or exposing your critical data. If your customers’ confidential information is stolen, your reputation will suffer, and you may even face legal consequences.
Protect Your Company’s Information and Assets
The data your network contains is just as valuable as your company’s tangible assets. Your network security should keep your data protected and confidential while providing safe accessibility.
Gain a Competitive Edge
Creating an efficient security system can provide a competitive edge. Within the realm of e-commerce and financial services, network security is paramount, and customers will do business with the firms they trust the most to keep their information secure.
Comply with Ethical Responsibilities and Regulatory Requirements
It’s your organizational duty to create policies and procedures that address the security needs of your company and protect your clients. In many industries, these security measures are mandated by regulatory requirements.