Microsoft Office 365
If Microsoft Office is a key part of your business operations, you should strongly consider upgrading to the cloud-based Microsoft Office 365 platform. This platform provides synchronization of files across devices and users, reliable file backup and storage, and decreased maintenance costs. Unlike past versions of office, you pay a subscription fee rather than purchasing the program outright, and receive access to the complete suite of Microsoft programs. When updates to the software are made you automatically receive the latest version.
The team at Howard Tech has deployed Office 365 for dozens of clients across Maryland inHoward County, Baltimore, Columbia, Ellicott City, Jessup, Hanover, Linthicum, Annapolis, Laurel, Elkridge & Fulton. Because we’re vendor-neutral, you can count on us to give you a reliable comparison of Office 365 to other platforms, including Google Apps for Business.
Benefits of Microsoft Office 365
With Microsoft Office 365, some of the benefits you receive include:
- Access to the full suite of Microsoft Programs. Small businesses can access SharePoint for collaboration, Lync for instant messaging and Exchange for email, in addition to its core Office productivity applications of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and others.
- Automatic software updates. Microsoft takes care of upgrades, patches, and updates in the background.
- Greater accessibility. Access Excel, Word, Outlook, and additional Office tools from anyplace you’re able to receive an Internet connection, and from pretty much any device—Mac or Windows laptops and desktops, iPhones, Android devices, iPads, and additional tablets and smartphones.
- Automatic synchronization of files. Work only from the current file from multiple devices and multiple users. Avoid errors from duplicate versions of the same file, and save time and storage space by keeping your files centrally located in the cloud.
- More accurate contact and event information. When a contact or calendar event is modified on one user’s device, changes are sent to everyone that has access to the information automatically.
- Decreased server and maintenance expenses. Operate a complete Exchange service without ongoing maintenance of a server or one-time purchase of hardware. If a server crashes, Microsoft handles it.
- Backups and reliability. Regardless of your office network and capabilities, it’s unlikely you have the same quality of infrastructure as Microsoft. Office 365 allows you to take advantage of their multiple data centers and backup systems.