Tier II Field Engineer for Managed Services
This is not an entry level position. The Tier II Field Engineer will provide both remote and on-site IT support for our Managed Services clients. This includes resolving issues for all technologies, including; workstations, servers, printers, networks, security, vendor specific hardware and software.
Common support services include:
- Desktop/Server OS Printers, Email, Remote Desktop, etc.
- Can support Microsoft Office, virus/malware mitigation/removal, exchange email, password changes, etc.
- Cloud and local backup recovery solutions.
- Basic network support for firewall, routing, switching and remote access (SSL VPN)
- System documentation to include system reviews, recommendations, knowledgebase articles and standard operating procedures.
- Adds, moves and changes for VoIP and digital phone systems
Provide on-site proactive visits
- Foster excellent relationships with clients
Knowledge, Skill and/or Abilities Required:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (both written and verbal), active listening, and critical thinking skills.
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills and ability to research/escalate as required.
- Advance understanding of:
- Desktop & Server operating systems
- Active Directory
- Group Policy
- Office 365 & Microsoft Azure products
- Server backup solutions
- Good understanding of
- IP address/subnetting
- Content filtering
- Multi-Factor authentication
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Ability to work independently without direct manager oversight
- Own reliable transportation and willing to travel upwards of 30 minutes to client sites around Howard County and Baltimore City area.
- Clean driving record
- Ability to dress and act professionally and maintain a “clean” presentation.
- Ability to communicate with both non-technical and technical business owners
- Ability to follow a set task list without getting distracted
- Capacity to properly document all time, support activities and changes to client environments.
- Ability to follow process, every time. Our business is built on process and we have zero tolerance for not following well documented standards and process.
- Ability to work in a fun, high energy environment and desire to build lasting relationships with co-workers and businesses within our community.
Preferred Education and Experience
- 3+ years of IT experience, preferably in an IT services environment
- Broad understanding of PC, server and network technologies
- Workstation imaging as well as OS and profile migration experience
- Strong communication skills to interact with a wide range of users having different levels of computer expertise.
- Helpdesk ticketing system and live time tracking.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
- Robust benefits plan including health, vision, dental, 401k, and other benefits.
- On the job training, support, and mentoring.
- Fun working environment and culture.
- Great opportunity for advancement.
If you are interested, please email email@example.com. Thank you!