Howard Tech is a leading provider of end-to-end technology services for small and medium sized businesses. We’re growing rapidly and adding exceptional people to our team. If you’re a hard worker and would like to make a meaningful impact, we’d like to chat with you.
We’re looking to add a Network Engineer/Senior Help Desk engineer to our team. This person will serve as a point of escalation to our in-house help desk.
Job duties include:
Provide Tier 3 escalation for MS Windows servers, networking, and applications. This role will also serve as a mentor to the rest of the service team.
- 8-10 years of IT industry experience, preferably with an MSP
- Minimum of 3+ years tenure with same employer
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Server 2008(R2), 2012(R2), 2016
- Multi domain controller environments
- Remote desktop services (multiple servers with a broker)
- Excellent understanding of network security and best practices
- SonicWALL firewalls (SonicWALL certification is a plus)
- Layer 3 switching
- Troubleshooting skills with client applications
- Microsoft Exchange
- College degree and/or Cisco (CCNA or above) or SonicWALL certifications are a plus, though relevant work experience is more important.
- Excellent customer facing and communication skills
We offer competitive compensation and employee benefits, and actively support individual development and community service. Best of all, we have fun while we’re doing it!
– Location: Elkridge, MD. Must live within or close to Howard County
– Compensation: Will be commensurate with experience
– Employer provided health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
– Profit sharing and 401k plan available after one year
– Training and mentoring provided, with potential assistance to achieve appropriate industry certifications
If you are interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!