We live in a world that is constantly trying to distract us. This forces us to be good multitaskers and even better organizers. To stay organized, we create lists for this, lists for that. To remember dates, we have a calendar here, reminders there. We take photos on this and that device. How organized are we really?
When I first heard of Google Keep, I thought to myself: “great another app that will supposedly organize my life.” I was skeptical because I consider myself to be extremely organized already. I downloaded the app and quickly realized how awesome it was to keep all my random thoughts in one place.
Enter Google Keep
With Google Keep, you can collect, organize and share all your brilliant ideas, reminders, photos, and lists in one place. Here are some ways Google Keep can keep you organized:
- Capture your thoughts. Type, say, and transcribe what’s on your mind no matter how, where, or when they strike you.
- Make lists for things to do, music to download, bucket lists, grocery lists, books to read, etc.
- Share your list with family and friends. Send your grocery list to your spouse to pick up on the way home.
- Delegate your task lists to colleagues. Assign tasks to a coworker by sharing your list with him/her/them.
- Your own personal stenographer. If you’re in an inconvenient place to take notes or text, record your voice memos and Google Keep will automatically transcribe them.
- Right note at the right time and place. Set a reminder to “Discuss summer camp options” around dinner time so you don’t forget about tomorrow’s registration deadline. Set a location-based reminder to open up your “Trader Joe’s” list when you are at Trader Joe’s.
- Find what you need quickly. Search through any of your thoughts – text, audio, or images with text – to find what you need when you need it.
- Available from any device at any time. Available on your smartphone, tablet, computer, iOS, Android, and Android wearables.
- It’s free (for now). Download it for free on the Chrome Web Store and in the iTunes Store. All you need is a Google account. If you have several Google accounts, you can sync all of them to your Google Keep.
Here are some other creative ways to use Google Keep to organize your life.
With so many other applications to organize your life, it can be overwhelming to decide which to choose. After using and comparing several out there, Google Keep is by far the most innovative, accessible and convenient.